The Nigel Twiston-Davis trained AL DANCER appears to be almost certain to take his chance in the upcoming Supreme Novices race, which is the opening race of the Cheltenham Festival.
Al Dancer has won his last three races with minimal fuss, including a recent success at this track which only enhances his winning credentials further, proven course form is really something to-note when picking a runner in this fast and furious race run over two miles
The manner of his recent victories has suggested he is a horse in fine fettle, also giving the serious impression he was open to even more progression. The 16/1 presently on offer may only be down to people underestimating his trainer, which ultimately is foolish, when Twiston-Davies has one good enough for his local track, they seldom get beaten.
“The young pretender, Al Dancer will be ridden by the trainers son, Sam, who also has a fantastic course record. The pair look like a match made in heaven, everything points to a big run”
If your still not convinced on his winning credential have a browse through the last 12 years trends below, Al Dancer practally ticks all them boxes, he is a serious contender and if he was trained by Mullins or Henderson he would be halved in betting price.
- Age – 11 of the last 12 winners were aged 5 or 6
- Price – 2 of the last 12 favourites/joint favourites have won, 6/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting
- Last Run – 10 of the last 12 winners won on their last run before Cheltenham , 9/12 winners ran within the last 59 days
- Previous Course Form – 5/12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Cheltenham , 2/12 winners had at least 1 previous win at Cheltenham
- Previous Distance Form – 10/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs over 15-17 furlongs, 12/12 had at least 1 previous win over 15-17 furlongs, 11/12 had at least 2 previous wins over 15-17 furlongs
- Previous Hurdle Form – 10/12 winners had at least 4 runs over hurdles, 11/12 winners had at least 2 wins over hurdles
- Rating – 10/12 winners were rated 142 or higher
The owners of Al Dancer are also responsible for the market favourite ANGELS BREATH, he looks an exciting sort however i have swayed to the notion the betting has go the two of them mixed up. I am quietly confident Al Dancer will win with ease.